Hey y’all! Over the past few months, I’ve noticed that I haven’t talked about the beauty products I’m loving as much as I’ve wanted to. To start connecting with my readers more, I’ve decided to start a monthly series where I talk about what makeup/skincare I’m loving! Next to following me on Instagram, this is one of the best ways for me to show you everything that I’ve also been testing out and keeping in my collection! Keep reading for more on January Beauty Favorites of 2017!
JANUARY BEAUTY FAVORITES- MAKEUP
- Sweet Peach Palette by Too Faced– I owe this one to my bestfriend Dailey. She gave me this beautiful palette for Christmas and as soon as I moved to Austin and unpacked all of my makeup, I haven’t stopped using it! The blendability is truly on point for creating flawless smokey eyes. There’s a reason why there’s so much hype behind this palette and it’s so well-deserved. The concept behind this palette was that they pulled the colors from every part of the peach such as the skin, the seed and the actual fruit. Using this direction really helped this palette get an amazing variety of colors that’s perfect for creating dozens of looks. And yes, it really smells like peaches!
- NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Black Cherry– When I saw that The Domain in Austin had a NYX store, I had to go the first chance I got. I picked up a few goodies, but this lipstick was a true winner from the haul. The formula is oh so creamy, yet long-lasting (crazy, right?!) It had a little bit of transfer at first, but the staining power gave it that long wearing touch that completely surprised me. The shade Black Cherry is also a beautiful deep berry shade that I can see flatter a lot of skintones.
- Wet N Wild Photofocus Foundation– I raved up and down about this foundation in a previous post, but I had to mention it again in my favorites because it is that good! It’s lightweight, blends beautifully and has the perfect oil-control formula without the matte finish! Read more about it here: http://bit.ly/WetNWildSpring17
JANUARY BEAUTY FAVORITES- NAILS
- Essie Polish in Perfect Posture– If you’ve been following me for awhile, you’ve also read my review post on the Essie Gel Couture Polishes (you can click the link and read more about how much I love the formula of this line)! Getting closer to the spring season, I’ve been loving this pastel blue shade! With my skin tone, pastels and really light nail colors have never worked. Perfect Posture, on the other hand, really changed it up for me and I haven’t been able to stop wearing it ever since I purchased it.
JANUARY BEAUTY FAVORITES- SKINCARE
- E.L.F Hydrating Serum– Being a girl with oily skin, I’m constantly praising up and down that despite having oily skin, your skin still needs hydration! With this serum, I just have to use it once a day, after I cleanse my face in the morning and I’m set! If you’ve ever tried Clinique’s Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, this is a spot-on dupe for a fraction of the price!
- Clarisonic Mia 2– You want to talk about skin texture? Say no more. For as long as I can remember, I always had a problem with skin texture. No matter how much I exfoliated and refined my skin care routine, it was never enough. This baby changed the game ever since I got it! The Mia 2 has two settings and I’m currently using the sensitive head with the highest vibration setting. After 2 weeks of use, there’s been an incredible difference in my skin texture. I’m even considering buying a stronger brush head for once a week use to really give my skin a detox. If you’ve been on the fence about it because you think it may be too harsh or the price point is too high, just bite the bullet and buy it! The sensitive brush head is perfect for a “softer” daily exfoliant and it’s overall a really good investment for the wellness of your skin!